I used VMware Workstation 7 to test this.
The BackTrack kernel sources are already in place, so all that’s left to do is install BackTrack in VMware and start the VMware tools install. BackTrack uses up around 5 GB once installed, so plan accordingly.
mount /dev/cdrom3 /mnt/cdrom
cp -rf /mnt/cdrom/VMwareTools-7.8.5-156735.tar.gz /tmp/
tar zxpf VMwareTools-7.8.5-156735.tar.gz
tar zxpf vmware-tools-patch-backtrack4-7.8.5-2_6_29.tar
Possibly Related Posts:
- Software that tracks people on social media created by defence firm
- Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the Client Reason 442: Failed to enable Virtual Adapter
- Microsoft announces Windows 8 App Fest in India
- India helps create new record for WhatsApp?
- Install Asterisk 1.8 from source on Ubuntu 12.04