Microsoft is now working to minimize piracy of Windows 8. With all the previous scenarios and a Windows 8 leak last week, change in the activation policy is just the right thing Microsoft could do. According to the new policy, a unique activation key will be written in BIOS of each machine, keyed to the particular system’s hardware; unlike the previous one – when a common activation key was used for all the systems shipped by an OEM.
Adding to the security, the vendors shall get their product keys directly from Microsoft by electronic delivery. Also, the new systems will now come with a genuine Microsoft sticker rather than the certificate of authenticity. The new policy will in no way affect the end user’s satisfaction and this change will be immediately applicable only to Windows 8 users.
Possibly Related Posts:
- ‘Solar shirt‘ to charge your Gadgets !!!!
- Kenya Google has been the victim of a cyber-attack
- Chinese hackers defaced the website of the government owned Philippines News Agency (PNA)
- Google Glass is the start of an intimate tech era
- How prepared is India for cyberwar