ALTools.exe contains tools that assist you in managing accounts and in troubleshooting account lockouts.
* AcctInfo.dll. Helps isolate and troubleshoot account lockouts and to change a user’s password on a domain controller in that user’s site.It works by adding new property pages to user objects in the Active Directory Users and Computers Microsoft Management Console (MMC).
* ALockout.dll. On the client computer, helps determine a process or application that is sending wrong credentials.
Caution: Do not use this tool on servers that host network applications or services. Also, you should not use ALockout.dll on Exchange servers, because it may prevent the Exchange store from starting.
* ALoInfo.exe. Displays all user account names and the age of their passwords.
* EnableKerbLog.vbs. Used as a startup script, allows Kerberos to log on to all your clients that run Windows 2000 and later.
* EventCombMT.exe. Gathers specific events from event logs of several different machines to one central location.
* LockoutStatus.exe. Determines all the domain controllers that are involved in a lockout of a user in order to assist in gathering the logs. LockoutStatus.exe uses the NLParse.exe tool to parse Netlogon logs for specific Netlogon return status codes. It directs the output to a comma-separated value (.csv) file that you can sort further, if needed.
* NLParse.exe. Used to extract and display desired entries from the Netlogon log files.