Windows Sysinternals Suite
The Windows Sysinternals Suite is a set of advanced tools for troubleshooting issues with Windows-based computers. These tools were originally developed by Winternals Software LP, which Microsoft acquired in 2006. Some of the useful and popular tools included in this suite are:
* Autoruns This tool lets you see what programs are configured to start up automati ¬cally when your system boots. It also displays the full list of registry and file locations where applications can configure autostart settings.
* BgInfo This tool automatically generates desktop backgrounds that include important information about the system, including IP addresses, computer name, network adapt ¬ers, and more.
* Process Explorer This tool lets you find out what files, registry keys, and other objects that your processes have open, which dynamic-link libraries (DLLs) they have loaded, and who owns each process.
* Process Monitor This tool lets you monitor the file system, registry, process, thread, and DLL activity on your computer in real time.
* PsTools This set of command-line tools can be used for listing the processes running on local or remote computers, running processes remotely, rebooting computers, dumping event logs, and performing other tasks.
* RootkitRevealer This tool lets you scan your system for rootkit-based malware.
* ShellRunas This tool allows you to launch programs as a different user using a shell context-menu entry.
* TCPView This tool lets you view active sockets on the computer in real time.